FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q:How often should I clean my carpet?
- A:At the very least, every 18 months. Most carpet manufacturers recommend cleaning with the hot water extraction method every year, and if your carpet is subject to very heavy traffic (such as in an office or a business) you should consider having us out to clean it every one to six months. This applies whether your carpet looks dirty or not.
- Q:What is the difference between “steam” cleaning and “dry” cleaning for carpets?
- A:When you wash your hair, do you rub some powder into it and then just brush it out? When you wash your clothes in the washer do you use water or foam? Why would you use a Dry/Chemical process with your carpet?Chemical or "dry" based carpet cleaning can make your carpet look nice by using large amounts of chemicals, but in the meantime, it does nothing to maintain your carpet’s proper texture, does little to remove pollutants and allergens, and it leaves a lot of chemical residue behind in your carpet.Using the Hot-Water Extraction method (often called "steam cleaning"), the temperature and pressure do most of the work, and the mild and bio-degradable detergents we use assist in dissolving the dirt in the water—which is extracted, leaving your carpets squeaky clean. You can even feel the difference in carpets cleaned by Carpet Care Experts.
- Q:Don't portable and truck mount hot water extraction units clean about the same?
- A:No. Commercial portables are much better than consumer portables, but neither has the cleaning “muscle” of truck mounted equipment.
- Q:Isn’t water bad for carpet?
- A:No. Carpet is typically made from the same basic materials as the clothing each of us wash every time we wear them. What is detrimental is leaving carpet wet for long periods of time. Growth of molds and mildew is encouraged by water and darkness, and the result of leaving a carpet wet for several days is similar to leaving your wet clothes in a washing machine for several days.
- If you have any questions about cleaning methods or or surfaces that we can care for please feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail